Tuesday 20 July 2010

more makes


my tudor style necklace

Finally finished my tudor inspired necklace woohoo. I bought the bead kit from HobbyCraft way bak at christmas time when I was last in Aberdeen and even though I started making it that same evening I wasnt happy with the strength of the thread in the kit, the bracelets I made seemed like they might break just stretching them the teensy bit needed to slip onto my wrists so I put it aside then forgot about it for months.


Recently I have been watching the new season of Tudors and it got me wanting to finish the necklace so quick trip to the local crafty shop and I have much stronger thread and clasps so got it made up in one evening as I'd already had them layed out how I wanted. The cross in the middle is from a choker that I've had since I was 15 so its great to see it put to use after 20 years in a jewellery box
work in progress and yes I'm a messy, sit on the sofa crafter

I have several projects on the go right now, felt names for my girls room a wee scottie dog from this wonderful blog http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts/2006/05/softie_scotty_d.html and I am gonna attempt to turn an old pair of Daisys corduroy trousers into a bunny from a pattern in an old Crafts Beautiful magazine

No comments: