Thursday 30 April 2009

another challenge




This is a LO I did for a new challenge blog I spotted the other day http://scrappersblockchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/challenge-1.html The challenge was to create a page without using PP which to me was the best kind of challenge as I rarely use patterned papers anyway, I still find it hard to pick that perfect paper to go with the photo but one day I'll get there.
I used a blue and a pinky purple inkpad to dab on ink with cotton wool to create a mottled effect, it looks nice but doesn't really show up that well in the photo. The LO is based on a pagemaps sketch - Feb 08 Roundmap, I adapted it to go on a 12x12 square LO rather than the original round page. the photos are of Robyn as baby sucking away on her thumb (something she still does nearly 7 years on). The tag has the Thumbsuckers poem on

Oh the thumb-suckers thumb
May look wrinkled and wet
And withered and white as the snow
But the taste of the thumb
Is the sweetest taste yet
(As only we thumb-suckers know)

No comments: