Tuesday 10 August 2010

my week 5 make




Here's my 52MMMC week 5 creation - a little scottie dog using a pattern from Allsorts blog, she has a nice tutorial here http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts/2006/05/softie_scotty_d.html I used felt but you can also use fleece, cotton whatever really. I just like felt as its versatile and easy to use.




I have dusted off the sewing machine that Loui gave me 2 years ago and spend nearly a day figuring out how to thread it and to work out the very complicated bobbin casing. I'm still not sure on the tension especially not knowing what button does what and theres no manual with it but hopefully I'll learn through trial and error. It would be nice to do some bigger sewing projects like a couple of quilts for the girls that take about 4 months to hand sew. Using the machine should cut it down to a week or so. I've seen blogs where people have made an entire small quilt in a day and feel very jealous.
Now i just need to find a table for it as it's currently on the dining table and a pain to move everytime the kids get dinner as it is heavy.


No comments: