Thursday 25 June 2009

SLYMI - Week 25

Scrap in blue and green this week which I think is very appropriate for Earth Month. I used a photo of Robyn at about 6 or 7 months old out for a walk (well more like me walk with her in the buggy) in the sun
On the quilt front I have now finished the patchwork top which did take the estimated 3 weeks and the last 2 nights have been spent pinning and tacking it all together with the wadding and backing material. now it's just sew it all together and hand quilt it, I'm not going to go for any fancy stitches as it's my first attempt and I love how it's looking so far so I'm just going to sew along the seams of all the patchwork or to use a quilting term I'm going to ditch stitch it!
I'm already completely addicted and have bought a gorgeous book by Emma Hardy called Quilting In No Time. it is FULL of fantastic little projects. As well as a pile of beautiful quilts there are also cushions, coasters, a fab little notebook and pen roll and brilliant little flower shaped placemats. Seriously I want to make everything in this book and I have never been able to say that about any of the other sewing books I have

No comments: