Monday 2 August 2010

bunny






This cute bunny was made from a pair of Daisys old cord trousers size 2-3 years, she was horrified when she saw the trousers all chopped up but a few days later was very happy with the end result. It took a while as I hand sew which takes a lot longer and I decided the body looked too fat for the head so had to unstuff and resew about half a cm in all round to make it thinner, then I decided the head looked too much like a sheep than a bunny and actually dragged my poor babies out of their hutch several times before realising that bunnies actually do resemble sheep a bit.






The ears and paws are cut out from a nightie that I picked up from the thrift shop as the fabric was very pretty. Pattern is from the June 2010 issue of Crafts Beautiful magazine. their version is a stunning turquoise blue. Daisy has already decided her pink cord trousers will soon be perfect for bunny number two.

1 comment:

Carla Doyle said...

Oh that is so cute. My little girl got a new bunny teddy too the other day (on my blog) and she wants another one now.. I love re-using her old clothes that she has grown out of for patchwork and things, it means she gets to keep her favorite clothes for a few more years, or a life time, as special teddy's are kept forever. X